Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By-pass Valve Ass'y

2H7-13340-00-00 (Yammie part #)

anyone know the cheapest place to get one, its the drain plug with all the goodies, since I rounded off the head on mine

I may try the welding a nut on the old one trick, but may need a new one, the cheapest price I have found was $13 W/$8 shipping on

https://www.cyclewareables.com/pages.../yamahaoem.htm
    Last edited by xj11john; 10-13-2005, 04:07 PM.
    '82 Xj1100j

"Ride for the Son"

< )) ><

John

Hey XJ11John,

Check out Partsnmore, or JCW, both have them, but like you said, the shipping really adds to it! BTW, it's not necessarily THE drain plug, it's the Oil filter housing bolt....the crankcase drain plug is on the pan behind/posterior to the oil filter chamber! If you are just removing that filter housing and expecting to drain the oil, you won't get much!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Topcat:

I was planning to change the filter too, so was taking the houseing off first, I didnt realize there was a separate bolt for draining-esp. due to reading "john's" post on this subject about adding a drain valve?? But it seems like your right last time I changed the oil, I think I had to take out another bolt to get the rest of the oil out.

Was this another improvement that yamaha made on the 82 1100? (the "other" bolt?)
      '82 Xj1100j

"Ride for the Son"

< )) ><

John

Comment

I have a good used one. Oil filter bolt assembly with a bolt with life left on it. Price includes shipping $9.00 e-mail to andreashweiss@yahoo.com

Comment

I hope I didn't mislead you about the drain plug I installed in the oil filter cup. That was done just to drain the oil from the cup without it spilling out when the cup is removed. The crankcase drain is behind, and to the left of the oil filter cup. It's not something new that was added in the later years. The oil must be drained from the crankcase via the 'other' bolt.

Comment

Nope, all the XS's have a drain plug, as well as the oil filter housing bolt.

I guess you read all the posts about that oil filter bolt - lots of problems with rounding off the heads. It's a small head to begin with, and if tightened too much, over time with heating/cooling expansion, they can become very tight. Specs call for 20-25 ft lb, but I don't go that tight.
            Rick
            '80 SG
            '88 FXR
            '66 Spitfire MK II

Comment

Yeah, I had a dah! moment on that one, (must have not had any sleep when I was on last, )

I rounded the head on it (dont know why they only use a 12mm headed bolt)
              I'm either going to cut it off or weld a nut on and then take it off, but may be spring before I worry about it. The filter was just about new anyway, was just changeing oil to Rotella 15w40 due to cold weather.

so I just changed the oil and left the filter for now. I'm good for at least 3k miles I figure now, and then I'll tackle the bolt.
              '82 Xj1100j

"Ride for the Son"

< )) ><

John

Comment

Working...
              X