No announcement yet.

rear alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was just rereading my last post, the comment about doubting anyone had survived the wreck. It reminds me of the time a cager ran into me on my XJ750RH, totalling the bike but somehow leaving me unhurt. Afterwards the Highway Patrolman asked me if I needed an ambulance. I told him no. He looked down at my mangled bike and back at me and then asked again, "Are you sure you don't need an ambulance?" "No Officer, I need a tow truck!"
    Shiny side up,
    650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
    XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

There were some other pics as well - and they all seemed to add up - but who knows. I'm too scared to exceed 200 k's now Mikey!

Comment

200kph?

I'm with you there pggg, the only time I've ever exceeded 200kph (on the ground) was on a demo ride on the Vmax when they first came out back in the '80s. Don't suppose I'll ever go that fast again. It sure does narrow one's focus!

This thread has sure gotten OT, huh? I suppose we could agree on that.
        Shiny side up,
        650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
        XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Re: 200kph?

Originally posted by xs650mike
          This thread has sure gotten OT, huh?
          I'd have to agree with that! That's ok though.

For the record, it is true that the tire only rubs at low speed, which is comforting to be reaffirmed by Geezer. I even tried adjusting the inflation level, but that didn't help much.

Thanks to DiverRay and xs650mike for their comments. I'll keep the board posted as to what happens after I loosen the pinch bolt. The worst part (other than the bike, haha) is that I couldn't even look at it this week because its stuck in a different city.
          Last edited by bobbomo; 10-14-2005, 12:31 PM.
          Rob Mo
          1980 XS850LG Midnight Special

Comment

Working...
          X