new xs11 guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new xs11 guy

Hi all, I just bought my first xs11.I've had lots of 650's but this is the 1st 1100.she runs real good, but the tranny seems clunky.is this just part of shaft drive? what to check first?Iwent over the bike when I got it home, and besides some poor wire routing.all seems tight.the PO told me the engine and trans were rebuilt and he said he painted it not too long ago.any sacramento area riders?this is a great site with a wealth of info.heres a pic of the new stead. john

1979 xs1100
    1975 rd350b
    1981 xs650 chopped
    1977 xs650

Welcome to the club
    There is at least one XS11 rider in your area. I was going to meet up with him on the labor day ride, but he had to bail. (Things at home always break at the worst time!)
    The transmission does feel clunky, and that is mostly due too the shaft. With a little practice, shifting is easy. If you have any questions at all, don't be afraid to post them. You can also do a search, and you may find most of the questions have already been answered.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Welcome aboard. If I can ever make it out to Sac to see my mom, I'll look you up for some riding in the Lake Camanche area.
      S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
      1-big XS patch
      1-small XS/XJ patch
      1-XS/XJ owners pin.
      1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
      2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
      1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
      1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

As a new member, you are required to polish any Vice President's bike, on request, for a period upto one year, starting with all three of my xs11's. --kidding of course!

Hmmm...that bike looks like the "zonker." Sid Clark's bike?
        Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

mellow yellow

That's what I thought at first too, Skids, but I think Zonker was a bit more intense. This one is a bit nicer, a bit more like a mellow yellow. rcnutt's has some nice looking floorboards too - not something you see every day!
          Ken Talbot

Comment

Grass needs mowing.

Just kidding!
            Nice and clean.
            "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Welcome. Another shiny bike club member...

What is that on the right down there, extra large break pedal?
              Marty in NW PA
              Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
              Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
              This IS my happy face.

Comment

Working...
              X