xj1100 capiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xj1100 capiler

I am looking for a front right caliper for my Maxim. The actual part number is 4w1-25810-00-00
    This part was only used on the 81 XS1100 Midnight Special and the 82 XJ1100 Maxim.
    Any clues??
    JimBoReeno
    My Ex!"Half-Breed"
    '82 XJ1100 Maxim with
    '80 XS1100SG Motor

Current Bike
    2000 Indian Chief
    Millennium Edition

I think Bob Jones at Merriam Cycle has one in his pen.
    "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

You sure you need a new one?

I dissasembled mine, removed piston by pumping back brake untill it came out, if right side caliper on front disconnect line to front master cylinder and hook up line that goes to left front caliper since is tie into back master cylinder, and just pump back brake till it comes out, then clean it up-if piston pitted or nicked, just clean it up with a wire wheel on a bench grinder or hand one what ever you have. if no wire wheel or drill wire brush, just a plain wire brush, fine sandpaper, scotchbright pad (green dish scrubby pad) or the like should clean it up.

Anyway I took all my calipers off, was careful of the o-ring seals inside sealing piston and just cleaned them up and they all work fine now-I also rebuilt rear master cylinder since it leaked and lacked pressure, and front will be rebuilt with a kit also soon-since the lever seems to loose pressure after a few seconds, but works good for first minute or so and rear is strong so I havent got to it yet, but all in all brakes work 100% better.

Let me know how it turns out, good luck.
      '82 Xj1100j

"Ride for the Son"

< )) ><

John

Comment

I have some good, dis-assembled XJ calipers if you are in need. PM or email me if you need one. I don't have any rebuild kits, though.

Comment

It is the Left front capiler that I need. (Not the right so I am sure the part number I gave is wrong) The guy doing my brakes job (Have yet to try to takle that one) said it looked like it had been smaked with a hammer and he didn't think it could be rebuilt. He removed it and blocked the line and fixed it so the right front and back brake works. So I need to get a new one on there ASAP. Thanks for the suggestion on Merriam Cycles, I shot Bob an email.
          JimBoReeno
          My Ex!"Half-Breed"
          '82 XJ1100 Maxim with
          '80 XS1100SG Motor

Current Bike
          2000 Indian Chief
          Millennium Edition

Comment

Working...
          X