Mike F - Stefan Willem's bike on your site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike F - Stefan Willem's bike on your site

At your web site under Picture Gallery I'm looking at Stefan Willem's gorgeous bike. Sid Clarke should see this yellow XS!

Mike, I'm looking at those pics... That is an XJ motor! The alternator cover looks suspiciously like the XJ's...the exhaust as well, the valve cover...

I'm curious about the wheelbase as well, and how it handles.

A lot of work, it is beautiful, nice modern brakes, radial tires, etc. How come the front wheel looks smaller than the rear? Does he have his own web site with all the gory details?

The USD forks and whole front end, the rear tire... from a ???

There is a thread here about maybe putting a modern front end on an xs, and here you have proof that it HAS been done. You have some wildly xsessive xsives over there! (go browse Mike's picture gallery folks, prepare to be amazed)

I linked to the image on your site, I hope you don't mind.

You might say I'm 'shaken, and stirred'
    Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Hi Mike
    You are right, it's based on a Maxim and it was the linked braking off it that I was fitting to mine. From what I remember, he said something about the wheels coming from a XJ900 Diversion (or wheel that would fit it). The USD forks and triple tree, I can't remember waht they're off as every time that he tells me when I go to the rallies in Europe, I usually had too many sherberts to remember. I think a lot of his inspiration comes from Math Huskens as they're good friends.
    He had to make up the rear caliper bracket to fit.
    Mike Farnworth
    XS1100 E & XS1100 Sport Project

Comment

Working...
    X