Main Nozzles 1980 XS1100SG unable to find anywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main Nozzles 1980 XS1100SG unable to find anywhere

I have a 1980 XS1100SG Special and I was recently tearing down the carbs and when removing the Main Nozzle it came out broken. I have had a hell of a time looking for (preferably) new or used parts but no luck. The Yamaha part number is 3H5-14941-02-00 and of course it is no longer manufactured. I have looked at K&L (the same place I got the rebuild kit from) and no luck there. For a picture of the piece go to this link:

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...=&threadid=867

Scroll down to the first picture and it shows assorted carb pieces, it is item 'd' the one on the left. Any help locating this part x 4 would be greatly appreciated.
    My head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about.

Hey Bob,

You're right, it's no longer available.... You'll need to ask if anybody has any spares from broken damaged carbs(80) that they could send you. You're asking for "4", but you only broke 1 !! Aside from finding an old bank of carbs on Ebay, you may get an offer for "one" from somebody. Regretably, I only have complete carbs amongst my spare parts!! Good Luck!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I should clarify further, the nozzles on carb 1 & 2 came out broken #3 is very close and I have yet to tackle #4 fearing the same problem. I am hoping to get a solution before proceeding. As far as getting another bank of carbs to pull from, I've looked around and their running $200. I'd prefer not to get reamed over a small piece of metal.

Comment

xj

i have three xj carbs? don't know if parts are same?
        1982 XJ 1100
        going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
        now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

chevy45412001, if you give me year and more info on your carbs, I could try and see if they match or not.

Comment

Hey Bob,
            The XJ was only made for 1 year in the US, and their part number is the same as yours! 3H5-14941-02-00 NOZZLE, MAIN

I'm just surprised at how your nozzles are getting broken??
            Don't know if the PO overtorqued the main jets into them when putting them in? The Nozzles come out "THRU" the carb body and thru the TOP, not out the bottom! I hope you're not trying to pull them out that way!? Spraying lots of penetrating oil around them after removing the main jets may help it slide out easier! Just take a small drift/bolt...something that has a flat head slightly smaller than the diameter of the hole the nozzle is in(I used a NAIL head), cause there's a small protrusion nob that sticks out of the carb body that fits into the notch in the nozzle to align it properly, so you don't want to go hammering on it and break that! Good luck!
            T.C.
            T. C. Gresham
            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
            History shows again and again,
            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

In regards to the main jets. I did not think I had any not in a set of carbs. I found some in a carb parts pile. In relation to the picture in first post. I have item "d" . Two of the left one and two of the centre one. e-mail to andreashweiss@yahoo.com

Comment

Bob,

You can find Part #3H5-14941-02-00 on 1980, 1981 and 1982 bikes. So parts from models G, SG, LG, H, SH, LH and the XJ would do.

Good luck.
                Brian
                XS1100 LG "Mr T", SG "ICBM" & FJ1200
                Check out the XS Part Number Finder

Be not stingy in what costs nothing as courtesy, counsel and countenance.

Comment

Working...
                X