Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally! a message board...

for the XS11. Great job guys!
    I have a 78' XS11E aquired from my father. It has 37,000 original miles, then it sat outside for eight years, uncovered, ignored until I rescued it. Seven years ago I put new tires, shocks, new tank, as many rubber pieces as I could buy new, the rest like brake calipers came from salvage, etc. I've never torn the engine down although I would love to go thru it when time permits. I have (had to ) completely overhauled the carbs.
    During the rescue I carefully fogged the cylinders thru the sparkplug holes, drained the case oil, filled the case with fresh oil and turned the engine by hand several dozen times. I then cranked the electric starter several more times. I then drained the oil, and refilled with fresh oil once more before installing the plugs and firing the engine for the first time in eight years. This engine is bullet proof! It has since then always made good compression and loads of power.
    I have had the typical problems, brakes not releasing, brittle fuse box, etc.
    My current problem( besides this post being so long) is that the clutch has gotten so stiff I can hardly pull it.
    Do I need a new clutch?

Thanks guys! Willz
    Eat one live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day!

You should clean and lubricate the cable. I makes a big difference.
    Bill Murrin
    Nashville, TN
    1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
    1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
    2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
    2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
    1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
    2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

Just get a new cable.
      Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Working...
      X