TCI repairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCI repairs

Anyone who needs TCI repaired, cost is $25. You ship both ways. PM me for shipping address if you need one repaired.

It sure is good to know somebody out there can repair these things. I don't need it now but when I do....

BTW have you ever done an auction at eBay to see what kind of response you'd get? I think you can sell services there just like "hard" items.

Comment

Yeah, Cody, been there done that. hardly any response except for one Yamaha dealership here in PA. Parts mgr sent a couple in for repair. I expected much more response, go figure!

Maybe I'm ahead of my time?

Comment

just another statement of dependability!
        '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Randy, do you do XS650 TCIs as well? There could be some business from 650 XSers if you do. I spent $300 on a Boyer-Brandsden iggy that failed right away. They do make good on their 5 year warranty though. (For some unknown reason XS650 folks are XSers instead of XSives.)
          Shiny side up,
          650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
          XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Randy, do you do 1981 and newer? Bob Jones said you can have all his buissnes repairing the TCI's. He wanted to know about the 1981 and 1982 TCI's?
            "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

xs650mike and winterhawk;

I can do any TCI that has a screw-on cover. Some of the later ones are sealed, so I'd rather not butcher the case to get to the innards, know what I mean?

If you can give me a diagram of the plug connections? Then I'll be able to hook it up to my test setup.

I have a complete iggy system setup with a motor driven rotor, pickups, coils, plugs. So for the XS, I just plug in the TCI and go at it. Like I said, if i can get the plug configuration, I can fix any one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by xs650mike
                (For some unknown reason XS650 folks are XSers instead of XSives.)
                So what are we then??
                XS1100 and XS650- what do you need more?

Comment

XSive XSers.
                  Shiny side up,
                  650 Mike

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

...I'd rather not butcher the case to get to the innards...
                    Randy,

What if we butcher the case ourselves before we send it to you?
                    Shiny side up,
                    650 Mike

Comment

If you promise not to butcher the innards, too!

So, is the 650 TCI a sealed unit?

Comment

All the ones I've seen are. I think I could probably pry the plastic casing apart without damaging anything but I don't know if the innards are encased in resin or such like.
                        Shiny side up,
                        650 Mike

Comment

Randy, are you done studying my XJ TCI and vacumn boost sensor yet? Can you now fix the XJ's TCI?

Louis
                          "There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it cannot be overcome by
                          brute strength and ignorance" And possibly some Mouse Milk!
                          '82 XJ1100J
                          LED Dir and running lights
                          LED Tail/Brake lights (4) one flashing
                          Modulated H/L
                          PIAA Driving lights
                          YICS Eliminated
                          750 FD

Yamaha Factory X-1 Fairing and Luggage

Comment

Yes, I'm about as done as I'll be. No new info, the advance IC is still unobtainium. The rest of it is the same as the other models. I'll ship them back next week.

Comment

tci repair

Do you do, or know of someone you can recommend that repairs(resolders from what I've been told) the TCI's for FJ1200's? I have a 91 FJ1200 and the fuel pump circuit for the TCI has been going off intermittently for a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X