Omega needs a peg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omega needs a peg

Pulled into a gas station on my way home from work today and when I was about to dismount, the right, driver's foot peg feel off of Omega. It's demise was due to hidden rust and metal fatique, helped inpart to a couple of fall-overs on that side.

So, does anybody have a right driver's foot peg for a XJ1100 they can sell me? I have a '84 but one from a '83 or '82, American or Canadian will fit.

Thanks,

Mark
    Mark Robertson,

'84 XJ1100 - SOLD
    '79 XS1100 - SOLD n still going strong
    '07 Bandit 1250S

Don't have a replacement, but just for kicks, try putting on a floorboard made for a HD soft tail. (early to late '80s.) I had planned this as a winter project for my XJ, have been looking at eBay prices ($50 - $60 USD seems average) for a set. Dale Hicks and I saw some of these on a Harley at Sturgis (before bike week) and look like they could be easily adapted to an XS or XJ.

The set contains an L-shaped arm that attaches to the pivot part of the footpeg bracket, then drops down to connect with the running board. (Short side of the L goes into the pivot point.)Some type of spacer would be needed at the pivot point connection, as the 'arm' is narrower than the Yamaha component. The floorboard can be adjusted forward-backward through a slot on the floorboard bracket, and the height of the board can be adjusted by changing the angle of the board to arm connection. I think it would fit. Have NOT tried it yet, though. If you go this way, let us knwo what you run into. If not, I plan to try it later this year and will post the results here.

ebay search words: floorboards or floor boards.
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Floorboards

The idea of floor boards from a Harley does intrigue me and I'll take a look at some this week.

Also, I had a biker friend around this evening and he took a look at the peg. It broke just where the spring loaded pin goes through the square tubing the rubber part goes over. Technical, aren't I ? Anyway, he figures I should be able to remove the square tubing and replace with new tubing. Then all I have to do is drill out that spring loaded pin and replace it with a suitably sized bolt and lock nut.

Of course the best repair is a replacement. I have some one who has a one from an XS but I don't know if it will fit or look correct. I'll have to check that out too.

Thanks for the information,
      Mark Robertson,

'84 XJ1100 - SOLD
      '79 XS1100 - SOLD n still going strong
      '07 Bandit 1250S

Comment

Working...
      X