New Member and New Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member and New Bike

Hello all! I'm a new XS11 owner, first time posting on this board. I bought a really nice full Vetter touring '80 XS11 non-runner 75k miles, for cheap. It's clean and ran less than a year ago. It is complete except missing the coils, so I assume it has the coil problem I read about in FAQ's. What's the latest and best solution for this? I'm tending towards the Dynas. I hope to get it running well and do some distance riding. Thanks! I'll be visiting often!

Welcome aboard,

you will find alot of great info and some great people too around here.. Hope to see you at a rally soon.. my first was a wonderful experience..
    jeff "Wags"
    Bothell, Wa

79sf mongrel
    79sf rusty
    79 partsbike almost complete

Comment

I don't know if this is latest and greatest, but I saved it from the old board for when my day comes:
      Dyna Coils - PN DC21 (pair) $114 (motorcycle accessory warehouse)
      Plug wire - PN 2021 (7mm) $3 (Dennis Kirk)
      2 Caps (90 degree) PN 20788 $2.35 (DK)
      2 Caps (75 degree Long) PN 20303 $3.20 (DK)

and...

The Dyna's will fit perfect. No changes neccessary on the frame. You'll need a pair of the green ones. Often Harley dealers have them.

Good luck!
      David Browne
      XS11SG Crunchbird
      XS500E

Comment

Thanks for the PN's David, that was just the info I needed. I'll be off to the cycle shop today!

Comment

Hello Jaybird,
          Welcome to xs ownership and to our forum. Jp, mike, Gary, and the other members of the XS11.com Team, have built us a wonderful resource with all thier time/effort. Check out the whole Tech Tips section to find out about comman problems/procedures for our lovely bikes.
          I have a matched set of 2.2 ohn Dyna Coils (dual output, excellent condition) with Taylor Pro wires, that are drilled and ready to mount to an XS11. They are 2.2ohm Coils. If interested in them email me at billwoods@ameritech.net

Good luck with your project at hand, don't forget to clean out both master cylinders and the "spooge holes".
          Bill Woods
          1981 Yamaha XS1100SH (Eleven Special)
          1985 Kawasuki GS425 Mojave ATV
          2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 ATV

Comment

I'll see what info I can get on those engines..but it's just too late, I'm afraid. I think about the bike I coulda built with a gawdawful monster of a motor! *sigh*
            Bill, you have mail!

Comment

Working...
            X