Hey TC 6 over front end???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey TC 6 over front end???

Been reading some older post about tc's 6 over front end. What is up with it? Supposed to make handleing better???? What causes it to work better. I am planning on a suspension overhaul this winter and would like to know if this is something that I should consider.
    Travis Miller
    1978 E

Hey there Travis,

First of all, they are only 4" over upper tubes. But I don't have fork length envy....oh, oh, not another Sdanville thread!!

Secondly, it's a Special, and since it has the leading axle design, it has less frame/triple tree rake....allegedly more like Sport bikes. I've been told that the longer forks reduce the trail?

All I can tell you is that it is more "flickable", has more ground clearance for my 4-1 pipes, but I had to extend my sidestand, and still need to extend my center stand!

The increased height raises the center of gravity as well. Also the seat is higher...but I still have crotch clearance when standing, but a shorter person might have even more trouble putting both feet on the ground!

I wanted a pseudo chopper look without a lot of extra work or changing the geometry much!

Here's an old photo from the Pictures section...the properties say it's Ty Graham's....that's my old Hotmail pseudonym!!

T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

intersting... somthing to think about. I always bang the collector on my header going into a turn and hitting a bump. Not sure that I would like the increased ride height though. I am only 5'10". I can just stand flat foot right now at a stop light.

Boy you are just trying to get another thread started?????

Ha ha.
      Travis Miller
      1978 E

Comment

It is T.C. that makes the bike handle realy well. that pitcher was taken before he ground the mulfer flat .

XSivly
        Bruce
        Bruce Gerken
        '79 XS1100SF
        "The Black"
        '2009 BMW k1300GT'
        The Red Sled.
        St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Working...
        X