"new" wire harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "new" wire harness

I was getting sick of all the little issues in the Falcon's harness, some from the PO's meddling and some from mine So I did the sensible (read: foolish) thing and ripped it all out. I deleted the tip-over switch, headlight reserve unit, factory headlight relay, etc. and moved the TCI box to the tool box area. I won a NOS left side control on ebay a while back from a midnight special. Having no use for the hazard switch, I cut the solder bridges to isolate it from the turn signal section and then wired up 2 Omron DPDT relays for the headlight. The hazard switch actuates one relay for headlight on/off, while the other relay handles the high/low beam duties. I tied in the headlight warning indicator light to the on/off relay so I don't forget to turn it on during the day when I ride. I used a "star" grounding setup back to the rectifier/regulator. It looks a little "busy" right now due to the amount of black wires, but I figure this whole process is a prototype for another harness as a wintertime project. As such, I removed 90% of the connectors on the bike and soldered the joints, or re-soldered if I forgot to slide the heat shrink tubing on first. LOL! Now there is no one to blame but ME if I have another electrical problem. BTW, I'm in need of the right side "run" switch if anyone has one to sell. I'm not sure if there are more or less wires now vs. stock!
    2010 Kawasaki Z1000
    1979 SF: Millennium Falcon, until this Saturday

That's OK.. We reinvent the wheel about every few years where I work!
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Not working in the manufacturing industry anymore allows me to chuckle about "reinventing the wheel". When your boss or equivalent wants your assistance building said wheel-watch out! Every light on my XS seems to be brighter now, but it could be me
      2010 Kawasaki Z1000
      1979 SF: Millennium Falcon, until this Saturday

Comment

Working...
      X