rebore cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rebore cost

Anyone have a breakdown of costs in your neck of the woods on the rebore for the XS1100, pistons, rings, boring, shop costs, gaskets, etc.........minus your own labor of tearing down and reassembling the engine that is.

Might be a poll in this as well...........just how many "Elevens" out there have been rebored?
    Bruce
    Bruce Doucette
    Phone #1 902 827 3217

Hey Bruce,

The big bore kit is/was available from a shop in Fla, for around $400, and you get the larger bore head gasket as part of the kit, along with the pistons, rings, wristpins, keepers, so the other gaskets you'll need are the valve cover gasket, and perhaps the clutch engine case, the bottom tranny case,but not necessarily!?

4 years ago it ran about $40.00 per hole for boring, will depend on which machine shop you find!?

So....that's about $600.00 not including a new cam chain if needed, oil, etc.! I did my rebore without tearing down the bottom end, didn't replace the connecting rod or crank bearings!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I paid $350 for my big bore kit, $150 for the machining, $100 for new clutch and springs, $33 for a cam chain, $66 for a Vesrah gasket set, $60 for the 1st & 2nd gear fix, and about $25 for the engine paint. I had to buy some new main bearings for #2 journal because some ass#ole at work decided to phuck with me and remove them from the box I had them stored in. I screwed up and didn't lock them up in my tool box at the end of my shift.

Comment

My total, including new camchain from Partsnmore, was under $600.
        1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
        1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
        http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

Working...
        X