Key 4013?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key 4013?

Anyone have key number 4013 that could make a copy?

I'd like to move my tank/ignition over from my parts bike, but no key!
    79 XS1100SF

You can take your Key code to a local locksmith and he should be able to cut you a new key
    Do'Lee
    XS1100SF "Green Hornet"
    (1) XS1100LG "Midnight Dream" Restoration has begun.
    (2) XS1100LG "Midnight Madness" Waiting to be next
    (5) multi partsters for bobber "Ruby Red II" On the list.
    SR500H "Silver Streak"

Comment

A good locksmith should be able to rekey your locks so the same key fits them, as long as the key will go into both.

Comment

Yammi store...

I wanted to use the extra tank I got from the PO and just went to my local Yammi store and they ordered it for me. 1 week later it came and upon opening the tank I discovered it was rusty inside. *&#$%(@
        You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
        Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
        Drilled airbox
        Tkat fork brace
        Hardly mufflers
        late model carbs
        Newer style fuses
        Oil pressure guage
        Custom security system
        Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

I went to my local Yamaha dealer (Englehart in Madison, WI - hate these guys) and they said to bring in the switch and they'd have a key made; they did NOT seem to think they could get one from Yamaha.

So I'll probably take the parts bike's switch to a locksmith instead...

thanks
          79 XS1100SF

Comment

Originally posted by johnstewart
            I went to my local Yamaha dealer (Englehart in Madison, WI - hate these guys) and they said to bring in the switch and they'd have a key made; they did NOT seem to think they could get one from Yamaha.

So I'll probably take the parts bike's switch to a locksmith instead...

thanks
            John there is a lot of "hate" towards m/c dealerships for the same reason. I went thru this a few years back with my local dealer and the said "Sure, we can get you a key for that" and when it finally came in, it was a key BLANK with Yamaha's name on it. I had a friend pick it up, so didn't realize what it was until a few days later. When I called them up, I was told "Just take it to a locksmith and they will cut it from your key" @$$holes just couldn't grasp the fact that I didn't have the key to cut from!! Thankfully they are out of business now so they can't torement anyone else now.

Any competent locksmith can make you a key from the ignition switch. Best to use it as the tank/sidecover locks might not have all the tumblers installed.
            Brian
            1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
            1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
            remembering the same thing!

Comment

Working...
            X