TCI function and pinout diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCI function and pinout diagram

I thought this might be helpful for some of you that are struggling with the wiring at the TCI. You'll need Adobe Acrobat to read it.

TCI Pinout Diagram

Thanks Randy, what a great diagram.

Comment

Thanks. I printed it out and added some color with the highlighters. It will make a fine addition to my manual.
      S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
      1-big XS patch
      1-small XS/XJ patch
      1-XS/XJ owners pin.
      1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
      2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
      1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
      1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

1984 XJ1100

The 1984 xj 1100 has 3 wires in the 4 wire part of the TCI box will the wiring diagram work for the XJ as well?
        Bruce
        Bruce Doucette
        Phone #1 902 827 3217

Comment

Look at the label in the lower right hand corner of the diagram. Those are the models that I am SURE this diagram works for. No diagrams for other models have been completed yet.

Comment

OK Randy

My friend Mark is checking out the diagram and printing it off, hes got his XJ running on all 4 using the N.Z. TCI unit but it's sending out a lot of black smoke indicating timing off or overly rich mixture, something it never did before..........it all started with 2 cylinders dropping out and turned out to be the TCI unit.....the unit he was sent from N.Z. has the letters "FJ" on it, perhaps its meant for the newer FJ bike, anyway at least its running and thats some progress.....thanks for the input Randy!
            Bruce
            Bruce Doucette
            Phone #1 902 827 3217

Comment

Bruce, unable to determine yet how that NZ TCI unit provides timing advance? Any paperwork come with it? If so, please post a copy here. Maybe we'll have one more ignition option available?

Is that the Hyperpak unit that Maximan was discussing?

Comment

Paperwork

Mark didnt mention that any paperwrk came with it but the unit had less wires than a normal TCI unit. Mark had to reverse several wires to match the color codes of his XJ1100. The box fired up all 4 cylinders, 2 of them smoked profusely having not been fired for awhile, on day two Mark was going for a run on the bike and got too the end of the driveway and the bike quit all together. I went out looked at it went over everthing and we tried his original faulty unit, it ran on the same 2 cylinders as before, leaving one to believe that the Hyperpack failed! I know the rest of the ignition is fine......now hes waiting on a used part
                Bruce
                Bruce Doucette
                Phone #1 902 827 3217

Comment

Hey Desert, Email this Hyperpak outfit and start firing some serious questions at them. They're based in Auckland here in NZ. If they're not giving 100% service and satisfaction, let me know and I'll be on to them like a ton of bricks demanding answers. Anyone peddling shoddy faulty equipment down here soon get their asses kicked.

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
                    I thought this might be helpful for some of you that are struggling with the wiring at the TCI. You'll need Adobe Acrobat to read it.

TCI Pinout Diagram
                    Any chance we get get this posted again?

Please and thanks!

Comment

Randy now has the TCI pinouts listed on his website here
                      Brian
                      XS1100 LG "Mr T", SG "ICBM" & FJ1200
                      Check out the XS Part Number Finder

Be not stingy in what costs nothing as courtesy, counsel and countenance.

Comment

Or here..

Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

desert1,

The XJ1100 TCI is different...totally, than an XS11's.

ID starts with 10M... as are most XJ parts.

I see you stated yours is an '84, so you must have a Canadian model, eh?
                          I've got an '82.

If you compare schematics, you'll see that the Maxim uses a totaly different timing advance system... electonically controlled by it's TCI.

Amazed your buddy got one to run using another tci!

Hope this helps ya.
                          '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                          "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Working...
                          X