81 Midnight special photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 81 Midnight special photo

Hopefully a photo of Peppyledeux my 81 Midnight special after doing the 2nd gear fix. We live on a gravel road so the tires are a bit nasty....
    Don
    99 Valkyrie Interstate named Drakker

81 XS1100 H Peppylebleu sold and gone to a good home

81 XS1100 Midnight Special Peppyledeux sold and gone to another great home

Arrrgggg... foiled again!!

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/commun...pid=268421&ck=

is a link to my homepage...
    Don

Comment

Hey Don,

Apparently your ISP's home page service uses another site, and doesn't allow direct linking to public pages to those photo locations at "http://216.77.188.54/" , I tried going to just that part of the link, and it said I was not allowed access!!

The link to your home page works just fine, so folks can go there and see them. NICE looking MNS!! You said the 81H touring rig was your next project, but it looks complete to me! Get out there and ride!
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Thanks TC, the H was my first XS which I've put over 20,000 miles on so far since last Oct. I'll work on the web page some more to clarify that!!

Let me try another image....
        Don

Comment

Last edited by don07tncav; 07-11-2005, 03:04 AM.
          Don

Comment

Don

Did you buy your pipes for the H model at a shop or online? I have the same pipes, but my right muffler is damaged. Any idea where I can find one?

Comment

John, it was a used set off of E-Bay. I looked for Jardine 4 into 2's all over the web but couldn't find any. They were in better shape than the photo showed them to be but they do have a dent on the bottom.

The Jardines run right next to the stock oil cooler so I had to do some re-plumbing not to melt my oil lines with the heat from the headers.

I'll be selling my origonal set, they are rusted on the back side of the headers and have small holes in two spots by the passenger foot pegs. I covered the holes with pipe tape but they bugged me whenever I cleaned the bike.

The origonal pipes look like my special pipes only chromed.
              Don

Comment

Looks nice! I have one with about 27,000 miles on it and really like that black and gold look. Of course, I am a Pttsburgh Steeler fan so the black and gold thing works for me!!!
                "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                1981 LH

Comment

Picture

dspotter58, could you send me a pic of yours? I would like to include it in my display at a local bike show where I will show my 1980 LG for the first time. Thanks
                  Midnight Rider

1980 XS1100LG

Intruder Alert!!!

2002 Suzuki Intruder VS800GL

XSive rules. Ride it like you stole it, unless it's mine. Then just PUTT, PUTT, PUTT!!!

Happy XSing

Comment

send me a pm with your e-mail in it and I'd be glad to send you a couple of pictures.
                    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                    1981 LH

Comment

Working...
                    X