tach/headlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tach/headlight

I HAVE A 79 11S YESTERDAY HEADLIGHT STARTED TO FLICKER (LOW BEAM ONLY) HIGH BEAM WORKS FINE AT THE SAME TIME TACH STARTED JUMPING ALL OVER AND RUNNING REAL BAD WILL NOT IDLE AND CARBS POP AT 3000 RPM THANKS JOE
    Joe Bjordahl
    “speed don't kill it’s the sudden stops”
    Yamaha xs1100 are addictive
    1979 XS1100S
    1981 XS1100 MIDNIGHT
    1982 XS1100S DONER BIKE

Hey Joe,

Check out the recent thread with very similar topic!! Check out your charging circuit, see if you're getting the proper voltages. Check the battery, and recharge it overnight. IF battery gets too weak, the TCI won't work well, causiing poor running symptoms! Wobbling tach also possible indication of failing charging system!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

from that recent thread...

Like Topcat said, if voltage gets too low, bike can run poorly. Had similar prob with jumping tach. What spooked me was that if I used a turn signal when it was jumping, the bike died. (I spook easily on long trips)
      Had a bad connection at the in-line fuse that I had spliced in for the main. Was heating up and melting the plastic. Spliced in a better brand of fuse, and hooked up spare regulator and no more probs. Which cured it, I don't know. Corroded connections are the root of all evil.
      (I don't know how to transfer quotes!) I do...fixed!
      Joe.. that was EXACTLY what mine was doing.

Prom, just select the text you want to quote, use CNTRL & C or Edit=Copy, then in the new reply message where you want to put the quote, click on QUOTE button, then Paste text into popup window, and click OKAY. I use a shortcut, just typing in the VB codes around the text =square brackets [...] and the word quote at beginning, and /quote at end! T.C.
      "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Working...
      X