spark plug question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spark plug question

I've been riding since april and have racked up the miles. Time for some work. Is there a spark plug that runs a bit cooler?
    Tim Lowe
    "Teck"
    1979 xs1100 Special

Check this out:

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/techinf...000&country=US

It tells all about plugs...very good info.

The XS11 takes a BP6ES

Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

My bike is fitted with BP7ES, where the manual says BP6ES. Is this a common thing for the xs11/xj11 engine to change the plugs for a colder grade? Why is it done?

My current (BP7ES) plugs are currently a very light grey colour, this after the bike has been started on choke and reluctant to rev until very warmed up (5 mins). Will dropping back to BP6ES help with this?

Comment

spark plugs

Here's another excellent web site for plug information.
        http://www.autolite.com/tech/index.html
        Walt
        80 XS11s - "Landshark"
        79 XS11s
        03 Valkyrie
        80 XS Midnight Special - Freebee 1
        78 Honda CB125C - Freebee 2
        81 Suzuki 850L - Freebee 3

Comment

I would say yes, it will help. My Triumph actually recommends one plug for winter use and a colder one for summer use.

Originally posted by turbopete
          My bike is fitted with BP7ES, where the manual says BP6ES. Is this a common thing for the xs11/xj11 engine to change the plugs for a colder grade? Why is it done?

My current (BP7ES) plugs are currently a very light grey colour, this after the bike has been started on choke and reluctant to rev until very warmed up (5 mins). Will dropping back to BP6ES help with this?
          Gary Granger
          Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
          2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Working...
          X