Meet Zeus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet Zeus

Ok all you Eleven lovers eat your hearts out. I just thought ya might wanna see my latest acquisition. 1979 XS1100 SF Special.

The side cover emblems are new (from the guy in Aussieland). They are made of metal! The bike was in excellent shape when I bought it and had been garaged it's entire life. The only thing missing is the grab bar. It will be here next week.

The seat is courtesy of 1100 channel member Dan Hodges! A HUGE Thank you Dan!!! Can I get an amen brethren and cistern This seat is NOS. The bike is close. Has 23,683 miles as of 5 minutes ago. And in about 5 minutes it'll have more than that!

Nice! Great name for a bike BTW...
    CUAgain,
    Daniel Meyer
    Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
    Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Cody

Great looking bike! Very pretty! You ought to ride it down to the Dallas area, so I can get a good look at it.
      BTW...Thanks for the card. It was greatly appreciated.

Comment

Looks almost as good as MIYAMI. HeHeHeHE,,. Na,, Not really. It looks alot better. Nice to see one in pristean condition. Looks like the bike on the front of my Clymers manual. If you don't mind me asking, What did you give for it?
        S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
        1-big XS patch
        1-small XS/XJ patch
        1-XS/XJ owners pin.
        1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
        2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
        1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
        1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Zeus: nice name indeed! Where to the lightening bolts come from though?!
          Corey J. Bennett
          '79 XS1100SF

Comment

John - Lord I hope you're doing better. Glad ya got the card. Speaking of Dallas I drove down to Ft. Worth Tuesday and picked this one up.

Czekus - The guy was asking $1895. I bought it for $1650. It had a plexiglass fairing, custom touring seat, foot pegs on the crash bar and luggage rest with a backrest, and some hideous black plastic mirror.

I pulled all that crap off and am taking it back to "Clymer's" photo stock. I put V-Max/Virago style mirrors on it. I will keep all that "Crap" however so if I take it on the road for a long trip. It won't look as snazzy but in 30 minutes she'll convert to a nice road machine.

Comment

Originally posted by corey
              Zeus: nice name indeed! Where to the lightening bolts come from though?!
              Well if I do to it what I'm considering doing lighting will shoot out the exhaust!

But the thing runs so sweet...it'll run circles around Zilla...I doubt I'll do anything to it right now.

Comment

Cody

Ft.Worth? Hell I'm only 10 miles east of town on TX 121/183. I wish we could have gotten together.

Comment

Next time I'm down there I'll contact ya.

Comment

That's a nice looking scooter!!

Ron
                    Let's Roll
                    1978 Yamaha XS750 SE

Comment

Working...
                    X