Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puncture

Hi Guys,

Just got back from a trip in Belgium to the Euro XS11 Rally 2005.

On my return journey, the unfortunate happened and I had to pull over onto the hard shoulder because of a flat rear tyre.

When the garage mechanic examined the wheel it was still letting air out when he moved one of the 3 tyre clamps.

When he removed the tube and the clamps, one of the clamps was found to be rusted at the base of the thread. As there was no evidence of any foreign bodies in the tyre, it was assumed a splinter of rust from the tyre clamp had pierced the tube as the pin prick hole was directly in that region.

Have any of you guys had this happen to you before?

Cheers.
    If you can't afford it....finance it!!

((pin prick hole was directly in that region.))

Was the hole in the tube on the inside or on the outer diameter of the tube? Next to the rim, or next to the tire side?
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

I believe it was next to the rim, inside diameter although I'm only going on what the mechanic told me. I didn't actually see for myself.
      If you can't afford it....finance it!!

Comment

I've seen spokes poke holes in that area, but it'd have to be a pretty good sized chunk of rust to do it.
        Either way.... I can imagine that you've got a new tube and are back on the road by now.
        "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Working...
        X