81sh rear tire size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 81sh rear tire size

i just ran across a deal on an 84 venture royale that i couldn't pass up. i didn't really need another bike, and i enjoy riding my xs more than i do the tourer, but it sure is nicer on the butt for trips more than an hour from home.

anyway, the front tire on the venture is shot but the rear tire has a lot of life left. coincidentally, my xs is due for another rear (about 3 rears for every 1 front, ha!). what i would like to do is get a new matching set for the full-dresser and still be able to burn up what's left of it's original rear on the xs.

here's the dilema. the venture rear is a 140/90/16 and our 11specials call for a 130/90/16. we've all noticed how extremely close our sidewalls are to the rear drive-shaft. does anyone know if the 140 size will fit in my 81sh? it would be nice to know before i have it mounted and balanced.

thanks guys
    stal87

Stal,

There are more tire threads here than I think any other subject and the 140 vs. 130 topic has been flogged (almost) to death. Do a search and you'll have plenty of good info.

Comment

Working...
    X