Wheel bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel bearings

I have the rims off my 80 special and have had them powder coated does anyne have any tips on putting in new wheel bearings.
    I got the bearing from a company called BDI they have a website and offices in several cities.

There are at least 3 threads on the subject - thought I would point you to one, but when I did the search, I found so many hits that I decided to just point you to the search!

Click Search (upper right), enter with no quotes "wheel AND bearings"
    Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

wheel bearings

Thanks Mike I did the search and the post talk about what bearings to use. I have the bearings but would like to know about putting them in so that I get it right. I have looked at both the Yamaha manual and the Haynes manual and they are not that much help. If someone has done a bearing change on the front and rear I need help getting it all back together with all the parts in the right place.

Comment

wheel bearing fiche pix

My front wheel bearings came out easy, seemed simple enough, but I didn't take pix and don't remember details. So, best I can do for you are these 3 pics from the 80LG microfiche, hope it helps.

Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

I did the rear bearings, did you see my pictures on imagestation?

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291969829
          Gary Granger
          Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
          2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Thank you Mike the parts drawing helped and Gary thank you for the excellent pictures. With the parts drawings and your pictures the rear bearings are in. Looks like on the front I will need to get a collar and dust cover, strange though when I took it all apart I put all the parts in one box, maybe they weren't there to begin with. I guess that was kinda of throwing me off I looked at the parts diagrams and the parts I have didn't match up.

Comment

Working...
            X