No announcement yet.

the drama never ceases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check the pickup coil wires. look for the thread in the tech tips, and check the wires that are in the "clip". My first eleven had the wires go out after about 15K miles. It would idle slow, and if the idle bounced up just a little, the two extra cylinders would kick in and the idle would rise.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Yeah, well... everyone calls it a "choke." Check your linkage to the enrichener to make sure all of the set screws are where they should be. As I remember it, there are rubber components on those, and if you soaked the carbs and those components in dip solution, it might not be so good. As I mentioned before (was it this thread?), you might have a problem with fuel level height in one or more carbs, due to a fuel valve sticking open. Or, as someone mentioned, the carb venting may not be functional. Also check the free movement of each carb's throttle plates because dipping the carbs can make those seals (throttle plate axles) swell and stick.

Originally posted by Dadroid
      Well it doesn't really have choke does it? Droid
      Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

As long as the bike's running on all 4, and the taps, breathers, hoses, air leaks, octys, vents and float valves check out O.K. - then the only possible explanation is the bike's possessed by a ghost. Does the bike have a murky history? Dadroid, you may need to call an excorcist.

Comment

... nahh .. I'd try a wizard first

Comment

well this works out, im in houston tx, but i am a lvl 32 priest, i can ressurect your bike for 2 gold...

Comment

.. it seems like the same problem that TripleXSive is having but it
              only runs on two cyclinders until after 3000 rpms then runs like a bat out of hell

Comment

gnepig is awesome

Hey just wanted to say Gene came down from bradenton and helped me work on the bike and its running better than ever still need to do some tweaking but thanks to Gene for swinging through.
                XS1100 Midnight Special

"It is better to close your mouth and be thought a fool than to open it and prove them right." ~unknown

Comment

.. any excuse to go for a long ride is a good one
                  you've got a pretty cool bike and it seems to haul butt too

Comment

Working...
                  X