Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4-into-2 exhaust - is MAC the LAST one available??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-into-2 exhaust - is MAC the LAST one available??

'been to several websites and it appears MAC is the last manufacturer to make a 4-into-2 exhaust for an XS11 Special. I found them on BikeBandit for $307 - are there any other places?

Jardine is no longer making them(?)

I'm right in the middle of putting my '80 SG back together and the only things I need now are a back turnsignal (which is going on order this afternoon), the handlebars (they're on order from 2 places - and I have a pair coming from eBay), and the exhaust.
    I have a 4-inot-1 that was on it before I went to 4-into-2 before my accident but it doesn't mount *with* the center stand - I like the center stand option.

...AND I'm also picking up a Midnight Special this afternoon to start in on that one also I figure to have both of them up and running by the end of summer (I ride *every* day, regardless of weather, except Sunday - I take the truck to church)

1980 XS1100SG

Re: 4-into-2 exhaust - is MAC the LAST one available??

If you just want the centerstand for maintenance assistance, you can store the stand in the garage and slip it on in the partially down position. At least that is what I have to do with one of mine. Of course, that doesn't help when you are on a road trip.

Originally posted by UncleSpot
    (snip) I went to 4-into-2 before my accident but it doesn't mount *with* the center stand - I like the center stand option.

Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Spot,
      I called several sources a few weeks ago looking for Jardines. One place claimed his "distributer" had one set of them but they wouldn't sell them to me with the factory oil cooler.

All I remember was that the bike place was out of Colorado. I rechecked Google to find them again but no luck.
      Don
      99 Valkyrie Interstate named Drakker

81 XS1100 H Peppylebleu sold and gone to a good home

81 XS1100 Midnight Special Peppyledeux sold and gone to another great home

Comment

Skids - thanks for the suggestion, but the center stand comes in handy TOO many places. ...and if I got too far from home and had a flat it would make tire changing a LOT easier IMO

Don - if you could find out *where* I could find some Jardines I'd appreciate it. I almost ordered some MACs today but the price varies from $240 - $307 ...why such a difference for the same exhaust????

1980 XS1100SG

Comment

I've got the MAC 4 into 2 and kept the centerstand on. Had to do a little careful bending of the foot peg part to clear the pipe, but works fine. Centerstand hangs a little low... can be seen below the pipes, but has enough clearance to keep it from scraping the road when cornering. Wasn't about to do without it.
          "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

http://www.nithburgcycle.com/yamaha/yam.html

Possible source for the Jardines?
            Don
            99 Valkyrie Interstate named Drakker

81 XS1100 H Peppylebleu sold and gone to a good home

81 XS1100 Midnight Special Peppyledeux sold and gone to another great home

Comment

Working...
            X