XS front fork 'cross reference'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS front fork 'cross reference'

after my accident a month ago I've started getting stuff off eBay to do a 'rebuild'...

'been outbid on 3 sets of front forks for my '80 XS11-SG...
    my question is: would a Yamaha XS850 Special 80 front forks fit the 'bigger brother'??
    I won one on eBay for a reasonable price and it hasn't gotten here yet to check how close they are...

'also been outbid for several exhaust systems... I'd love to have a new set of Jardines 4-into-2. ...are they still being made?

'still need a rear turn signal - 'looking at the ones on Bike Bandit. Anybody here buy those?

1980 XS1100SG

Hey UncleSpot,

Here are the parts #'s from the fiche,
    3J2-23110-00-00 850

3H3-23110-00-00 XS11
    The root # is the same, the prefix is different, and the descriptions state inner tube complete....and there are some differences in parts inside, but with the same root # I would hope that they are the same size, and will fit, just add the 11 parts to it, hopefully it will fit!?

Jardine's web site shows they are NOT making the 4-2 anymore, only 4-1's. Mac still makes 4-2, there's a guy selling turn outs for $285.00 new on Ebay! Glad to see you on here, and good luck getting it back together.
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I could only locate one new set of Jardine 4 into 2's and that was a "distributer" who supplies Colorado.

As TC says, there are a lot of the Macs out there in Tapered or turnout. Here's a couple of links:

http://www.motorcycleproshop.com/sea...earch&iLevel=1
      http://www.motorcycle-exhaust.com/Me...Code=PU4030821

I picked up that last set of Jardines running through e-bay. If I can't make them fit with the factory oil cooler, I'll PM you.
      Don
      99 Valkyrie Interstate named Drakker

81 XS1100 H Peppylebleu sold and gone to a good home

81 XS1100 Midnight Special Peppyledeux sold and gone to another great home

Comment

Working...
      X