more 2nd gear issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more 2nd gear issues.

Hi, I'm having a problem with my XJ1100J wile in second gear.
    When I "get on it" with a fairly hard throttle, the bike will experience a "jerk" or "tug" wile excelerating. As the throttle climbs for a few seconds there is just a spot where that little "tug" happens. It's enough of a tug that at first i thought it might be something in the drive train binding. After testing it more today, i relized this is only happening in second gear, so i'm assuming that isn't the case. Also, the engine doesnt sound like its cutting out, it sounds fine. The first time I really went out to test it it was happining at 4500 rpm every time. One "tug" at a hard excelleration. I've tried disconnecting the vacuum switch and ruled that out.

Originally i thought it was happining in other gears too, but todays test showed it to be only in second. But, it is now doing the "yank" or "tug" more than once as the rpm's rise. Now it will do it like three times when accelerating hard above 4000 rpm.

Is this something connected with the 2nd gear problems discussed alot on this site? I'm not noticing any other problems in the tranny other than being a little clunky/ noisey when shifted. Could it be a broken tooth?

The motorcycle rides, runs and shifts flawlessly when cruising. This problem only comes up when cranking agressivly on the throttle.

Any ideas? Thanks- Tom.
    05 Suzuki Bandit 1200S

Re: more 2nd gear issues.

Originally posted by T748

Is this something connected with the 2nd gear problems discussed alot on this site?
    Sorry, but yes.
    Read everything in the repairs section, and use the search function to scan for more threads on this issue. Lots of people have done this fix, and will be willing to talk you through it if you run into problems.
    Ken Talbot

Comment

Working...
    X