suspension suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension suggestions

I'm really a novice with regards to setting up suspensions but typically I just add / subtract a bit of air until if feels ok. I guess I'm not fussy.

I just passed my MC road test and now my wife wants to go for a ride but I took her on a short one and the rear end seemed way to soft. Any suggestions for setting it up for different riding scenarios? IE: single rider comuting, singe touring (with luggage), dual riding, etc....

Tom B.

Tom:

Would help to know what bike / suspension you have. If you have an XJ, where you can air to the front and rear, the factory spec is 5.7 to 17 psi front and 14 to 57 psi rear.

Single rider, no accessories, Yamaha recommends minimums front and rear. I've gone to Progressive front springs with no air, but run 24 psi rear. (Full faring, hardbags, and I go about 265.) When I pull my small trailer I boost the rears to 28 psi.

The XJ also has adjustable damping front and rear. I keep mine set at 2, or average.

If you are running other air shocks these numbers may not be applicable. trial and error may be the way to go; it is a matter of presonal preference. Be careful not to go over the max rated pressure or you wil blow the seals.
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
    X