help!!!!! again!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help!!!!! again!!!!!

i was getting ready to take a ride and i realized that my high beam was on so i switched the beam from high to low and my head light and gauge lights went out.....i took the bike back up the driveway parked it, and shut it off......started looking at fuses and tried to start the bike again and then it wouldnt start like i wasnt getting power to the starter??????? i would appreciate some help with this one please.....thanks

Hey there Eclipse,

First of all, please edit your profile to include the YEAR of your Special....there are differences in wiring and such between the years, that way we can better offer advice based on your specific model/year!

I don't remember all the details of your machine, what you've done to it? Electrical problems are a bummer. You're right to check the fuses, the holders and such! Also, you'll need to check your battery to ensure that it hasn't gone bad. You can try jumping from a car battery WITH THE CAR NOT RUNNING, and see if it works! Lots of things to check/rule out, poor grounds, connections, starter solenoid, etc.
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
    X