carb fuel t's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb fuel t's

i have to change the lines and do something with the t's for the fuel...very loose on carbs...should i disassemble or what?...fuel leeking from them...any answers...ty

Hey Tazcu,

Randy posted a link to a place that sells NOS items, but not cheap...$41.00 ea!! I just checked motorcyclecarbs.com, and here's what they said about them:
    Fuel Tees!

Replacement Mikuni fuel tees for the

78-79 XS1100

76-79 XS750

80-83 XS650

The original tees are molded nitrile rubber coated. They commonly dry rot and leak. We have redesigned this part to work forever more by using welded brass tubing and o-rings. $39.95 each.
    Still not cheap! I just rebuilt a set of carbs for 79SF, thankfully they were still okay, but they appear to be metal with rubber molded around them, there are ribs on them. I was thinking that you should be able to go to the local hardware store and find some neoprene O-rings that should fit around the part and be snugly fitting inside the carb inlet port, perhaps put several on the "T" shaft for redundancy in sealing....should be much cheaper!!

You may want/need to soak the parts in cleaner to help in removing the OLD rubber from around the "T"!?
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

T's

I used automotive fuel line hose and cut it into a "sleeve" to replace the seals.
      Walt
      80 XS11s - "Landshark"
      79 XS11s
      03 Valkyrie
      80 XS Midnight Special - Freebee 1
      78 Honda CB125C - Freebee 2
      81 Suzuki 850L - Freebee 3

Comment

my $.02 .................I bought 2 from mccarbs for lowers (fuel). Does anyone really want to take these thigs off, apart and back on again because they didnt buy the correct fitting?
        1978 XS1100 E

Comment

Hey PJ,
          Just take the 1 carb body, the Cleaned up raw metal "T" in to the hardware store, and try the O-rings on and see how they fit. It's NOT a pressure fitting, just a gravity fed line, so no real pump pressure on it, just needs to seal enough to resist that slight pressure!
          T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Fuel Tee's and gas cap gaskets, more (as XS650 references):
            https://www.mikesxs.net/mikesxs-fuel...ategory_id=4.1
            Yippy-I-a! We ride away....

Comment

Well, if this is the 'T' between the petcock and the Octopus then for the LG, LH, S, SF, SH and the XJ this is part no. 3H3-24376-00-00.

Speed and Sport have it at $5.67 !
              Brian
              XS1100 LG "Mr T", SG "ICBM" & FJ1200
              Check out the XS Part Number Finder

Be not stingy in what costs nothing as courtesy, counsel and countenance.

Comment

Working...
              X