Bike Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Pics

OK, Trying again, here are our bikes, Mine is the Pearl White SF11Special w/purple flames, my wife's 79F was 2 1/2 years in building.

Her 79F - We removed the backbone and replaced with single tube, lowered seat area 4 inches, shortened the bike, powder coated the wheels, raked front to 34 degrees, made custom seat, streetsweeper composite fenders front and rear, chrome swingarm, rear drive and engine side covers.

pics

http://photos.yahoo.com/gypsycustomcycles

Comment

Very nice!!
      Ken Talbot

Comment

Thanks

thanks Ken, you guys have been a great help to me since I joined a few years back. I keep collecting XS's and love them, love restoring and also love customizing them. Thanks again, Buck

Comment

Outstanding custom work! Love to see these old bikes restored or reborn as customs. Did you make the forward controls from scratch or adapt them from another brand?
          Dennis

Comment

I bought the forward control on ebay. Fabricated my own mounts to adapt them. Dont know if you can see but the master cylinder for the rear brake is on the forward control and used an inline pressure brake light switch. I preferred this approach than using forward controls that linked to the existing XS mastercylinder.

Comment

Great bikes ..some like um original but I like the modified look myself.......What gas tank and speedo did you use?

Comment

Wow, great work. I prefer original stuff myself, but love to see what others can do. I do like the lower seat high however! Sharp looking bikes!
                Travis Miller
                1978 E

Comment

cannot say WOW enough! especially like your wife's 79F - very impressive.

so, what are your fees to take an 81 Midnight Special and customize similar to the '79F? of course it would be lowered, stretched, and raked - need to fit my 6'7" 250lb frame.

again, two beautiful bikes! thanks for sharing.

Comment

Very NICE

Wow, you sure make em nice in Georgia. Wish I had the talent.
                    There's always a way, figure it out.
                    78XS11E

Comment

We used the 2 piece early Harley or custom 5 gal Fat Bob tank with Top tank mounted dash/speedo. We also eliminated the entire wiring harness and all the redundant electronics except the harness coming from the pick up coils.

Cost?? Scares me to think about it, was lots and lots of hours. BUT, a partial list: Forward Controls - $250, Headlight $130& mount $19, forward control linkages $50, stainless steel brake lines & fittings$220, Fat Bob Tank $99, Dash $110, Mirrors $79, Custom Chrome Handlebar controls, $115, Handlebars $79, Fenders $330, Tombstone tail light and turn signals$90, Powder Coat $250, Seat(we made) Upholstery $150, as Caps $30, chrome swing arm and engine side covers off ebay $175...lots and lots of labor and fabrication....

WE (my wife) wanted a bike that wasn't like any other so cost wasn't a main concern.

Comment

WOW!!! are you sure thats an XS Eleven. Thats Incredible, Really nice
                        SSHHHHHHHHHHH (Cant talk now the Squirrels are Watching)

Comment

Ditto!

Originally posted by BossHogg
                          WOW!!! are you sure thats an XS Eleven. Thats Incredible, Really nice
                          Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

You should be proud of your work. Very Very nice. Cost? What cost. If it's something you like to do and something that you'll be keeping for awhile. Then as far as I'm concerned, cost is not an issue. An item is only worth what people are willing to pay for. I've been to auctions and seen some low buck things go for ungodly amounts. Xsample. A $5.00 wicker basket sold for $350.00 . You've got a couple of diamonds there. How do they ride? They look comfortable.
                            S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
                            1-big XS patch
                            1-small XS/XJ patch
                            1-XS/XJ owners pin.
                            1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
                            2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
                            1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
                            1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Those are amazing bikes. Couldn't tell it was a Yamaha without looking close. I just bought an '80 XS. I live in Lawrenceville, GA. Do you know any mechanics who work on these old bikes? I want to learn how to maintain it, but I need to get some basic stuff done to get me riding this summer. Carbs definitely need cleaning and maybe rebuilding. Looks like I have a fuel leak somewhere, from what I read probably the petcocks. I think that would get me going. But I can't find anyone to work on it. Any help?
                              "Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit"

Comment

Working...
                              X