Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocate rear turn signals?

Happy spring all!!
    I am pondering the idea of putting saddle bags on my 81 sh. But no-matter what style of bag..it seems the turn signals are in the way! Am I missing something? I REALLY dont wanna move 'em cuz I would like to stay stock....but the only bags I can find that fit are just a bit bigger thatn a cigar box..lol...
    Has anyone found a workaround I missed?
    Appreciate any info you guys and gals can give me.

Thanks
    Andy
    '81 sh " Maime" The Nature of The Beast

Actually, there is a few choices.

1) There is a bracket that can be bought that fits on the tail light by the license tag that the rear turn signals are mounted on.

2) You can drill two holes in the tail light bracket like I did and mount them there.

3) I heard that there are punchouts in the tail light bracket that I don't believe were on my bracket. If yours has round punchout, you can use that location and no drilling.
    Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas Thumper.
      Wishing mine had the holes for remounting.
      Do you have any pics of what you did?
      Where can the brackets be found?...Ive looked (maybe in the wrong places)
      Thanks again
      '81 sh " Maime" The Nature of The Beast

Comment

Heres how I did my 78E

[IMG][/IMG]

You have to grind off the front of the signal stalk at the base so it won't interfere with the license plate bracket.
        There's always a way, figure it out.
        78XS11E

Comment

Before I put hard bags on Zilla I had Nelson Rigg softies.

I built a couple brackets out of 1/4 plate aluminum. They extended back toward the rear fender and I mounted the blinkers there. The also kept the soft bags out of the wheel.

However when I went to the hard bags ...I moved the blinkers up to the luggage rack.

I posted some pics around here somewhere but I can't remember the thread.

Comment

Just found this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...549679090&rd=1
            There's always a way, figure it out.
            78XS11E

Comment

Pathfinder, that is the bar I was referring too. I did mine similiar to yours. I drilled a bit higher. I did not have to grind anything down. It might have helped to do so because as I recall, getting the second signal installed was a bit more difficult. I believe I posted a picture in a previous post from about a month or so ago of what mine looked like after I installed my saddlebags and relocated the lights.

I found the thread with my pics in it.
              link to thread
              Last edited by thumperjsa; 05-18-2005, 02:10 PM.
              Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

Working...
              X