Looking for ideas & photos for customizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 81xsproject
    Wow! e_sloan, that head light mod looks great! What did you use? Why did you loose the shaft, the rear tire doesn't look any wider?
    JC
    Hey JC and others,

His XJ is a 550, not the 1100, hence the chain, the different wheels, and the oil filter chamber in lower front of engine, not below! I think he had mentioned that in other posts, but doesn't have it in his signature.... it's in his profile, though! So.. when he says XJ... we all think XJ1100.... but it's not! Still very nice and sleek looking bike!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Hey Topcat you are very right, it is a 550 Seca.

The headlight mod is simply an acerbis headlight made for converting motocross bikes to street legal, I believe it is called the cyclops. It is held to the fork tubes with rubber clamps.

When installing the headlight I had to relocate the wiring from inside the headlight bucket to underneath the gas tank.

Comment

Thank you all for the pics and the ideas. I will have to post some pics when I get this going. I have some new ideas and am pretty pumped to get it looking sharp. Thanks!

Comment

Comment

Nice, I have an 2005 R6 can which I am waiting to put on mine, Have to try and convince one of the local muffler shops to make some bends for me.

How does it sound? I have the old megaphones, which are loud and raspy IMHO. But that could also be due to the dents in it.

Comment

Working...
            X