Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for ideas & photos for customizing

Hello All,

I am looking to "spice" up my 1980 XS1100 a bit. Does anyone know where I can look for custom brake lights, turn signals or other accessories that are affordable? I have seen the high end sites, and the jcwhitney sites. I am looking to make my bike a little different than stock. I am also thinking of creating my own seat. I would love to see any photos of bikes that have been tricked out a bit. I saw a few in the pictures section, but am looking for new ideas. Thanks to all!

- MC

www.customdynamics.com
    I've bought a few lights from them
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Here's a couple of shots of my bike, superbike bars, cafe fairing custom seat and tail section, tail light (cat's eye) from Old Bike Barn and turn signals from Cycletherapy.

Tracker

80 XS1100LG "Black Widow"

Comment

You say a little different than stock? How little?

If you want a look that is simliar to stock but still very distinctive especially on a special...

Go check out some of Bob Jones XS11 at

www.merriamcycles.com

I am particularly fond of one way he did a black '80 Special. The engine is black with the fin edges silver and engine covers buffed to a mirror finish. The seat has a similar to stock profile but is split like a two piece...almost a Corbin look.

Comment

Wow what a cool link to merriam cycles. That is one awesome write up on the xs11. Makes me ashamed to think I was considering selling mine after all this hassle it's been putting me through! NEVER!
          I've got to get me a copy of that book.

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Psalm 19:1

Comment

Nice Job, Tracker.
            "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Tracker

That thing looks mean. Stock engine? If not what's done?

Merriam Cycles has a lot of parts for the XS and XJ. I dunno if the XS11 is the greatest bike ever...but I'm starting to think it's at least one of the greats.

Comment

Well mine is an XJ but you can see that it no longer looks anything close to stock. Basically I spend my free time at a scrap yard looking for parts that I can make fit.

Comment

Wow! e_sloan, that head light mod looks great! What did you use? Why did you loose the shaft, the rear tire doesn't look any wider?
                  JC
                  '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

If you tyell me HOW you posted the pics on here I'll send you some of our 2 XS 1100s. Buck

Comment

The engine on my bike is stock except for the pod filters and re-jetting. I have a few exhaust mods in mind, but I want to try them out before I post them. Since the pics were taken, I have installed a pair of XJ air shocks. They went on really nice and made a huge difference in the ride. This winter I planning on digging into the engine and possibly a bog bore kit.
                      Tracker

Comment

bork braces and bog bore kits, customize your XS
                        Pat Kelly
                        <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                        1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                        2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                        1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                        1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                        1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

yeah, yeah, yeah........so I can't type in the dark I have to watch where my fingers go...........
                          Tracker

Comment

that headlight mod is pretty cool. I would love to see some other angles if you have them handy.
                            Travis Miller
                            1978 E

Comment

... cool bike but i think it started out life as a seca

Comment

Working...
                              X