rubber spacers betwenn head fins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rubber spacers betwenn head fins

can anyone tell what the rubber plugs between the head fins are for? Are they needed for some reason? If not I'm gonna pull 'em and do some detail work on the head fins.

Ok...just answered my own question. I went the Yammy site and I see on the parts list they are absorbers.

I assume they dampen vibration? I guess the head fins could vibrate and crack?

Question: Do any of you guys NOT have these?

Comment

Originally posted by MAXIMAN
      Ok...just answered my own question. I went the Yammy site and I see on the parts list they are absorbers.

I assume they dampen vibration? I guess the head fins could vibrate and crack?

Question: Do any of you guys NOT have these?
      They are noise dampers not vibration dampers. The idea was to quell fin ring but it's onlt obvious on 2 strokers.

They were part of the EPA noise regs and I don't think they do much.

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

I had some on a 74 Triumph Trident......when I took them off it really made a difference! You could hear her "sing" from quite a distance. Try taking them off and see if you notice any change.
        Tracker

80 XS1100LG "Black Widow"

Comment

hehehehe...that is so friggin funny. Noise pollution. What a joke.

AFAIC that damnable EPA should be abolished....along with several other gobby fat power hungry bureaucratic money pits.

I will pull them and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
          X