oil drain plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil drain plug

I just bought a XJ 750 and was going to change the oil but could not find the drain plug. I thought it would be like my 1100 but I was wrong. I also was going to replace the oil filter and I could not get it off unless I take the 4 into 1 header off. Is that the only way to change the oil filter? Does the 750 come with 4 into 1 ? Thanks for any help you can give me on this.

Hey there HappyJJ,

Well, you were close, it is similar to the XS11, the location of the drain plug does face forward, but instead of being all the way to the left of the oil pan(as you sit on the bike), it's directly below the location of the filter chamber, so you may not be able to see it unless you get more directly underneath the pan.... the filter chamber may be blocking your view of the front edge of the pan and the drain plug.

Are the pipes stock?? IF so, then you should be able to loosen the chamber bolt, pull it all the way out, and then you can slide the chamber cover around, up or down to clear the pipes an pull it away from the case! Just have a catch bucket/pan handy when you loosen the chamber bolt!!

If you go to the Yamaha ON line parts catalog, you can see exploded views of the bike for clarification of location and stuff IF you don't have a manual yet!
    HTH.
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

XJ750 stock exhaust

At least here in Yurup all XJ no matter what size were sold with 4 in 2 exhausts.
      I guess this is also true for the US of A.
      XS1100 and XS650- what do you need more?

Comment

Thanks sorry I didn't get right back to you but I had to leave for awhile. Thanks again for the info.

Comment

Working...
        X