HELP! tranny glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! tranny glitch

I took my trans cover off to buff it out. Kinda nasty lookin.

When I went back together I guess I got the shift lever or forks out of sync. How do I get them back to gether right. here's a pic of what it looks like. The shift lever shaft actually came out a little but i put it back in. It may have turned.

Okay, Maximan,

If you look closely at the shift lever that the foot shift lever attaches to, you'll notice a little dot enscribed close to the teeth that mesh with the other lever, there is another dot on that part, and those dots need to line up next to each other when you have the teeth meshed. Looks like yours is not quite lined up, so you'll need to pull it out and slide the other lever that the SHIFT pawl(thing the spins the shift drum) controls so that the dots line up.

While you're at it, once you get the dots lined up, go ahead and shift it into 2nd gear, then look at the shift pawl and the shift drum, there is a thin line that is enscribed into each, and they should ALSO line up to have the shift pawl and drum synched, if they aren't quite in line, then you can loosen the nut that is around a slotted screw just below the gear shift lever on the main shift lever, and turn it to align those lines, then lock it back in place. Then put the cover back on, and you should be all set!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

That did it. TC. Instead of rolling around on the shop floor biting my tongue and pulling my hair out I should've looked and noticed the "dot".........duh!

Thanks soooooooooo much.

Comment

Hey Maximan,

Don't you know you're supposed to take your seizure medicine BEFORE you start working on your XJ?!?!

Glad I could enlighten your situation, the least one Godzilla rider can do for another!
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58
          Hey Maximan,

Don't you know you're supposed to take your seizure medicine BEFORE you start working on your XJ?!?!

Glad I could enlighten your situation, the least one Godzilla rider can do for another!

Thanks. I truly hope someday to meet ya at a rally. I gotta see the "real" fire spitting Zilla.

Comment

Working...
          X