Headlamp condom? HEELLLPP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlamp condom? HEELLLPP!!

I need a "raincoat" for my headlight. Anyone have spare #16 below? It's the rubber cover for the bulb socket. Every time it rains I get water in the globe and I'm blowing headlamps!

Must be from a Standard.

John, you gave me one but it's for the Special, and it's much appreciated but it's the wrong shape and doesn't seal. Want it back?

Sorry about that Randy, actually it came from an XJ, but I thought it would be a 'one size fits all' deal. If you haven't sent the pilot box and dipstick back yet, you can just toss it in the box with them. Otherwise, maybe you can find someone that needs one, and pass it on to them.

Comment

John,

Thanks for the effort, it's much appreciated. BTW, I'm nearly done with the overlay, only need to do some adjustments to the sizing of the 'windows' for the warning lights.

if no one asks for the 'condom', i'll ship it with the pilot box. oh, and the overlay too. How many do you want?

Comment

I would like three overlays please. You haven't forgotten the dipstick, have you?
        Have you had much success selling the overlays? I would think they'd sell rather well.
        Thanks Randy.

Comment

I haven't offered them for sale, do you think anyone would want them?

I didn't forget the stick!

Comment

I thought you had offered them back when you described how you did the pilot box on Swampthing. As easy as it seems to do the job, I would think a lot of the guys would want one.

Comment

Hey guys,

What is the overlay? I already want one and I'm not sure what they are!

Hmm, seriously though, I'm curious. What is it?

Thanks
              Jon

'82 XJ1100J-John
              '78 XS1100E-Name Forthcoming (It's a Girl!)

Comment

Hepcat, the overlay story is on my website, under the heading XS RESTO TIPS

Randy's XS page

Part two of the story is the Special overlay, for which John has temporarily donated his pilot box to use as a template.

Comment

Very cool! Do you guys have a fix for an LCD that's impossible to read in the daylight and only marginally better at night?

If I'm wearing polarized sunglasses and tip my head to the right I can read it, so it's displaying, just weakly.

'82 XJ1100J-John
                  '78 XS1100E-Name Forthcoming (It's a Girl!)

Comment

I just got the rubber part your asking for from my Yami dealer a couple of weeks ago. Rather expensive but if ya gotta have it ya gotta have it. I seems to me it cost me about $20 IIRC.
                    There's always a way, figure it out.
                    78XS11E

Comment

Yeah, and Bike bandit has'em for $14.40, but I'd thought I'd go fishing for a freebee if i can get it!

Comment

Working...
                      X