Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get newWindjammer

Hello!
    I wonder if anyone can tell me where I can get a new Windjammer Fairing to my XS1100E 78 mod? Is the factory still going, or must I buy second hand? Please help me! Best regards from Arne!
    Arne

Vetter

Used only. No more new. eBay item. Better find in Europe if at all possible. Would be very $ to ship from NA to Norway. Make sure you get the mounting brackets and wire loom when you buy.
    Ken/Sooke

Comment

If I recall correctly Vetter went under in 1982. I believe they were bought out by Bell, who continued to make some variations of Vetters fairings but I don't think that this went on very long. At any rate I don't think these things have been made for 20 odd years. Ebay is probably going to be your best bet. Craig Vetter does maintain a website with some informational material as well as some parts needed to restore the old vetter fairings.
      1980 XS 1100 Standard
      1980 XS 1100 Special
      1982 XJ 1100
      1972 Honda CB 350

Comment

To add to your fairing woes, Pacifico had some Vetter items until the Pacifico factory burned down (200 or 2001?). Pacifico was Vetter's main competitor, and there were a few others as well.

Pacifico had an adapter kit to fit a Vetter to the Pacifico mount. Basically a plate with countersunk screws, pair sold for $19.99 so it should not be that difficult to make up your own if you happen across a Pacifico mount.

Pacifico claimed their fairing diverted more wind across the windshield, better comfort for the rider and more areodynamic. I've never ridden behind one, can't say from personal experience if this is true. Pacifico also had lowers and luggage sets.

In either case, used is the only option for finding what you want.
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
        X