Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering bearing kit + stabilizer question

Hi All,

I'm currently working on another sidecar setup on an SF. I've had the triple trees machined to reduce trail, hopefully they'll be here soon.

I decided I might as well replace the steering bearings so I ordered a kit from parts-n-more. It's my understanding that these are not direct replacements but are different from the stock Yamaha bearings.

Does anyone have any experience with this kit and know what the differences may be?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I'll be seeking a steering damper/stabilizer. On the web I've seen everything from high priced racing setups to VW dampers cobbled together with door hinges. I'd appreciate any suggestions or experiences with these things. I'd kinda like to get away from the "bungee cord" system....

Thanks,

Rob

stunt life.com

i hate to send you off site but the stunters use them very often,(hard to set down a 100 mph wheelie without tank slapin bars...right) there are a few brands they talk about,can't remember the brand names offhand. the site is set up very much like this one just do a search. Thats stunt life .com
    1982 XJ 1100
    going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
    now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Working...
    X