Front and Rear Brake Caliper Rebuild Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front and Rear Brake Caliper Rebuild Kits

hey guys wondering on where I might be able to order some front and rear brake caliper rebuild kits. These would be great to have so that I can have a total front and rear brake system rebuild. Got new pads brake fluid and the front and rear mastercylinder rebuild kits. Also if you know of the prices off hand that would be good to know too. A quick question while im at it aswell. is there any type of grease or lube that lubricates the pistons in the calipers??? thanks guys

Caliper Seal Kits

The caliper seal kits are still available through your Yamaha dealer. However, the caliper piston is no longer available.
    I recently went to the Yamaha web site and brought up the part no. for a front caliper seal kit, then went to my local dealer with P/N in hand and had them order it [3-25-05]. The cost of one front caliper seal kit was $16.62 plus tax.
    As for a lubricant for the caliper piston, perhaps lithium grease, though I admit that I don't know if the grease would react with the rubber Oring seal or not. I just used brake fluid on the piston Oring seal for ease of reassebly.
    Ride Safe,
    Greg
    '80 XS1100-G "Christine"
    '93 KLX650-C1

Comment

Lube

Brake fluid is the only lube that should be used anywhere in the system. As for cleaning, sure, use Brakleen, but keep all solvents away from the rubber parts, like the big O' ring. Some can cause the rubber to swell, which isn't swell.
      "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

I was at the yamaha dealer not long ago when I ordered the majority of the stuff i needed however they said that the only kit available was the rear caliper rebuild kit. they said that the front was unavailable. do you have that part number handy?

Comment

I was on partsnmore yesterday and was considering the caliper & master cylinder rebuild kits. Check out:

https://www.partsnmore.com/cat_index...tegory=chassis

If the link doesn't work it's in the Yamaha-Chassis section

Rob

Comment

Ok just finished shopping at parts n more was able to pick up some goodies but not all available. it seems theres always more stuff available for the xs and not the xj no front rebuild kits for the calipers on parts n more anyone else know where to find??

Comment

Try www.Bikebandit.com or the Old Bike Barn at www.oldbikebarn.com
              2 - 80 LGs bought one new
              81 LH
              02 FXSTB Nighttrain
              22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
              Jim

Comment

Thanks but no luck already checked the old bike barn. And bike bandit nothing there either but i did find a great deal on a carb synch tool!

Still looking for the caliper kits

thanks for all the help out there btw!

Comment

Have you checked eBay for caliper kits? I have purchased them a couple of times in the last year off eBay.
                  Ken/Sooke

Comment

I check the ebay listings every day im an ebay junkie anyone got a spare set laying around that they want to sell???

Comment

The Yamaha P/N for a front caliper seal kit for a 1980 XS1100-G is 1J3-W0047-00-00. As I mentioned, I went to: www.yamaha-moto.com , where you can enter your particular make and model of your Yamaha motorcycle and bring up the parts schematics and part numbers.
                      I don't know if the '80-G will interchange with other models/makes or not.
                      If all else fails, you might take your old seals with you and visit your local Catepillar/Walker Machinery dealer and perhaps match something up. Perhaps one could match something up at a hydraluics shop also. 'Just an idea.
                      Ride Safe,
                      Greg
                      '80 XS1100-G "Christine"
                      '93 KLX650-C1

Comment

Working...
                      X