Thinking about Carb Synch tools / YICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about Carb Synch tools / YICS

Hey there any of you guys out there synch your carbs? Any tips for a successful synch. Also what kits are you guys using any suggestions theres so much out there ive seen gauge style and a flat plastic style that looks like small tubes all in line with eachother. what works best for you where did you buy them and how much did you spend on them. advantages disadvantages etc. also the only way to synch on a yics engine is with the yics tool? whats the process of doing it and how much trouble is it in getting the carbs dialed in? thanks

carb synch stuff

The bank of four vacuum gauges is the least expensive I think, but the flat plastic (four 'sticks' of mercury) is more accurate I feel. I really don't like having the mercury sticks hanging around the garage, as with my luck I'd knock them off the wall and have to call the HAZOTEAM to come out and decontaminate the place. At the higher end of price would be the digital synch tool. Expensive, but 5 times more accurate. The mercury is good enough for our applications.
    As for the YICS. I saw the tech tip on that, and plan to build one in the future just to have for my other Yami's. Synch-ing is the easiest thing in the world, and any manual tells the details of how-to. (First synch carbs #1 and #2, then do carbs #3 and #4. lastly, synch, using the middle screw, the left two to the right two.) All should show equal vacuum.... but you knew this.
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

so do you need the carb synch tool the thing that looks like a really long screw driver to adjust the screws while the carbs are on the bike?

Comment

I sync all of my machines simply by removing the seat and raising the end of the fuel tank with a 2" block of wood. There is enough room to get in to the adjustment screws with stubby screwdriver. You can also get at the pilot screws this way.
        Ken Talbot

Comment

have a stubby set at home thanks for the help will try the stubbies first thanks

Comment

I bought the Morgan Carbtune II. It uses polished steel slides rather than mercury to indicate vacuum. Works extremely well, no chance of sucking mercury into your engine by (accidentally) doing something stupid. LOL!
            2010 Kawasaki Z1000
            1979 SF: Millennium Falcon, until this Saturday

Comment

Working...
            X