Yics tool useage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yics tool useage

I saw some info on synching carbs on an 82 XJ which states that the Yics system must be disabled to properly synchronize... I also saw the tool drawing but after looking at my carbs I can't figure out how the Yics tool is used. Anyone have a photo of this in use or any recommendations?

thanks,

Tom B.

passage

there is a passage that is a part of the head,you have to remove the plug to gain acess.Look at it you'll see what i mean.
    1982 XJ 1100
    going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
    now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

There is a plug on the left side of the engine, just below where the carb boots attach to the head. That is the YICS access port.

Comment

Yea yeah there's a port you push the tool into. The tool has expandable rubber plugs on it. When the tool is fully seated you engage it ...the rubber plugs expand effectively sealing the YICS ports and making each carb seperate allowing you to sync each carb accurately.

However I've had some XJ gurus tell me they don't even use the tool when they sync the carbs. They just sync 'em. But I fear that action might just sink 'em. if ya know what I mean, Seems to me you can't get a really accurate synchronization with the YICS allowing air to be drawn via other passages.

Comment

Working...
        X