xj1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xj1100

well, i completely blew the trans in this bike back in sept/oct of 2003, let the bike sit in my bosses garage untill about 4 months ago. got tired of looking at it with no engine in it. Bought on engine on ebay for a total of 400 bucks (including shipping). Started to put the engine in at 9 AM yesterday (WED) and had it running by 2PM same day. I could not believe that the carbs did not give me any trouble, I drained em and wrapped em in a plastic trash bag and they sat outside in a plastic box since Oct of 03. Lucky I guess. I forgot how much power this bike has. I had bought a Yamaha Roadstar meanwhile and rode it alot. Got this one running and it'll smoke my Roadstar like nothing. Glad to be back.

Roadstar vs. XJ1100

My brother has a Roadstar 1100. He can launch faster than anyone I know and still keep the rubber from slipping. I don't know how he does it - I guess that low end tourque and a heavy bike...

If I was more confident in my riding I'd try to launch harder but usually I like to roll it on in 2nd gear on my XJ. 2nd on up are a scream!

Glad to hear you got it running. That's insiration to some who've given up on their rides. I'm working through some carb issues now but hope to have it humming along soon.

Seeya round,

Tom B.

Comment

Tom

Have you ever "launched" an 1100 Road Star. The only way I could get the front wheel off the ground was with a jack.

However I did spin the rear tire once when I dropped the hammer going through a puddle of anit-freeze.

Comment

Working...
      X