diaphragms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diaphragms

I am already out $250 for nothing really and would be towing back home to look at if the work isn't done. They want $100 each for the diaphragms.

Well, cut your losses and get that thing home. Even if you should mess something up, it won't cost you what a dealer would charge you. Hell, you could ship them to somebody here and get the work done right and a whole lot cheaper.

Comment

Re: diaphragms

Originally posted by bryzx2
      I am already out $250 for nothing really and would be towing back home to look at if the work isn't done. They want $100 each for the diaphragms.
      Carb diaphragms can be easily repaired wirh Yamahabond 5. A tube of YB5 will run you around 7 bucks and you'll have plenty left over...

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

carb diaphams

I have two carbs (bank set of two off of some Yamaha probably a 650) mikuni that I do not need. I can tear them apart and send you the diaphams provide me a shipping address. Please get someone on list to confirm that same size mikuni carbs all use the same diaphams. if so these two are yours. I only have two.

Comment

I'm gonna have to double check this one, but I'm pretty sure when I took the diaphragms out of my XS they were the exact same size as the ones out of my brother's `72 Honda CB350 twin. I'm not sure that the cb350's diaphragms are any cheaper, but it's a start. I'll have to swap them out and see if they actually work. As I recall, we took measurements but never actually swapped them.

HTH

'82 XJ1100J-John
          '78 XS1100E-Name Forthcoming (It's a Girl!)

Comment

Re: carb diaphams

Originally posted by andreashweiss
            I have two carbs (bank set of two off of some Yamaha probably a 650) mikuni that I do not need. I can tear them apart and send you the diaphams provide me a shipping address. Please get someone on list to confirm that same size mikuni carbs all use the same diaphams. if so these two are yours. I only have two.

If they do fit the Actual size will be a 28MM slide.

Comment

A Resevoir Of Diaphragms

I May Have Missed the Three Day Rush On Resevoirs, But Have Twelve Sets Of 78 + 79 Carbs
              Christopher. "The Gimp"

Comment

FYI,

The later model 650 and XS11 show the exact same part # for the vacuum slide for the 81 year. See Below:
                3H5-14940-00-00

The earlier years show differing 3 letter prefixes, but the root part # is the same as above, not sure if the different prefix could indicate a different sized needle???
                T.C.
                T. C. Gresham
                81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                History shows again and again,
                How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
                X