Various.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Various.

Firstly, I love the website. It's so useful and so good to read others' experinces and advice regarding our bikes.

I've just put new gears in my XJ, 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th, as it had the first gear problem..now sorted. The information on the site was invaluable. Doing the job went really well, and I'm happy to share how I went about it with anyone contemplating the job. I did it with the bike on its side, and this only involved draining the carbs and tank, and taking the battery out. Didn't have any problems, the only tricky bit was the shift forks, but got there with some patience. ( And some choice words too!! )

The gears were all perfect, apart from the wear on the dogs on 1st, and some on 2nd too. Shift forks were perfect too, though I was concerned about what I'd find as the 'skipping' feels really bad when it happens, and makes the gearbox feel like a box of trash! The bike has done 17,000 miles, and is still great in every other respect. Now it's got a good gearbox too!

Just wondering if there's any final conclusions about jetting for individual air filters? I'd like to put some on my bike, basically so it's easier to get the carbs on and off. Any comments greatly appreciated here.

Finally, does anyone know if there's a luggage rack available for the XJ, or have one lying around spare? I'd like to get hold of one if possible. If not maybe I'll make one. Anyone else done this.

Thanks again to everyone who contributes to the website. t's just so good!

Mike.
    MikeJ-T.
Working...
X