Windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield

I have a rocket88 windshield from Tracy that I used on my honda gl1000 to great effect for ten years. When I sold that bike to buy my midnight special last summer, I kept the windshield. I really like having the option to take it off or put it on, depending on the weather and my mood. It literally takes about one minute. Problem is the '88 doesn't fit the xs very well, leaving lots of air gaps around the headlight. Does anyone here use a bolt on the handlebars type windshield on an xs 1100 midnight that fits well and works almost like a full fairing in terms of keeping wind off (even your head)? I'd like to get one that looks okay but that keeps the wind off in the cold or on really long trips, but is easy to take off for shorter, warmer rides.

Thanks for any suggestions, photos would be great if you have them.
    The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Psalm 19:1

Slipstreamer makes a nice full windshield that covers the handgrips and has lowers that will protect your legs. I saw it at one of the online parts suppliers, but I don't remember which one.

Comment

http://www.cyclestuffusa.com/index.a...D&ProdID=13168

Is this the one John? And if so, it fits the midnight pretty well?
      The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Psalm 19:1

Comment

The one I was thinking of is very similar, but it seems the other one had longer lower sections. I don't know how well it will fit. You may want to email them and ask. It is a good looking shield though.

Comment

Working...
        X