Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new bike :)

Greetings all,
    I purchased an xs1100sg last year from a gentleman in Poland, OH (my first bike ever).
    The bike was kept perfect it had 19000 miles on it and hardely a scratch, the paint is still shiny.
    I have changed all the fluids and have been running her for the last year (22000 now)

As i am sure you all know the xs1100 is a big tall bike weighing about 560lbs.... and it being my first bike and all i have managed to topple over and forma a small crack on one of the side pannels covering the tool kit.

I was wondering if anyone knew anyone who would have one for sale

peas and carrots

anthony

Check the for sale section here or look on ebay, I see them listed all the time..like this:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=35583
    Tyey ain't cheap!
    When I die I want to go in my sleep like my Grandfather,... not screaming like the passangers in his car!

Comment

That stuff can be repaired.

LP
      If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
      (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Who in hell would pay $71 for a side cover? I recently bought a complete set of them for less than $50 on ebay.

Comment

I don't know about $71 for one, my set cost me $80 but they were purrrfect, only the color was wrong!

Comment

A while back I was jonesin' for a left side cover, and a member who shall remain nameless wanted to charge me $60 for one. I blew him off, but SWMBO contacted him, and she bought it for $50. That was shortly after I had sold a SET of XJ side covers for only $40. I guess if you want it bad enough, you'll pay be willing to pay anything for it.

Comment

over the last 6 months I have been watching for side covers on ebay and have noticed a definate increase in the going prices. I think they must be getting harder to come by.
              JC
              '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Have you looked at the XS750-850 Triples auctions? Some of that stuff is cheap! I kinda wish I still had my 79 XS750SF.

Comment

Working...
                X