cable question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cable question

Anybody know if standard cables fit on a special?
    80 SG
    81 SH in parts
    99 ST1100
    91 ST1100

The cable ends are the same but the length is shorter on the Standard.
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Thanks Pat. I have put goldwing bars on with absolutely no fit problems with my special cables. There are some new standard cables on ebay that I thought could be a good idea but I guess they would probably be too short and not useable. Looking forward to my new wrist positioning though!
      80 SG
      81 SH in parts
      99 ST1100
      91 ST1100

Comment

Hey Dean/LaxDad,

Along with your comfort, I think you'll find that it will actually be easier to steer it with those wider spaced bars. Tab posted about the difficulty he has handling his XJ, and they have those nifty multi-adjustable bars, but I think his are grips are spaced too close together reducing his leverage. Would be informative for you to post if you notice any handling ability difference with the wider bars!?
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I've taken two quick rides with the weather finally improving, and probably a good ride tomorrow to evaluate both the goldwing bars as well as that fork brace. Yep, steering (countersteering) does seem easier or quicker so far and the front end feels much tighter and controllable(predictable) with the brace. Being a new rider last summer it's kinda hard to gauge the improvements due to lack of experience but I know both are better.
          Hey TC did you get my pm?
          80 SG
          81 SH in parts
          99 ST1100
          91 ST1100

Comment

I'd like to try some alternative handlebars, too. I tried the special-style bars off my parts bike...higher rise, longer pullback. Longer clutch and throttle cables are easy. It's the short electrics and front brake hose that have me hooped. (The partzers cables, hoses and electrics are trashed.)
            Dennis

Comment

Working...
            X