Kong -gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kong -gone

I was sad to see Kong leave my garage this morning. But he went to a good home. The fella that rode up to NJ with me to pick it up rode off on the mighty gorilla early this morning.

But he only lives about 2 miles away so........

I'm sure he'll be joining us here soon. BTW Dave...should you ever decided to sell him...I get first right of refusal.

BTW - thanks everyone for helping get it running.

Comment

I know the feeling but then when you've got two bikes, you're always spoit for choice. I sold my XS11 Sport after I got the XJ11 and now that I've tried them both in the same week - I've come to the conclusion that I'm an english Homer Simpson and I like my comfort.
      Mike Farnworth
      XS1100 E & XS1100 Sport Project

Comment

Yeah well I just like having more than one eleven. I think I'm gonna start looking for another. I love this Maxim for road trippin'. Now I want a Special...naked...for city riding. Multiple 1100.... I think someone called it "Eleven Heaven".

Comment

I know what you mean. I've been kicking myself ever since I sold my 79 standard. Now I'm restoring another one and I'm planning to fix it up somewhat along the lines of Denny Z's bike.

Geezer
          Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Kong - gone

The King of Kong is at home were he is appreciated and respected as well as used. Although he's museum quality he will be used and enjoyed.

Cody, thank you for a fun trip, a great bike and an introduction to this web site. I now have XSive obsession with a big black bike and a hunger for the open road.
            1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

Working...
            X