Oil Leak Problems/ Broken Bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Leak Problems/ Broken Bolt

Well there has been a slow leak from my bike on the left side from under the crankcase cover where all the timing plates and such are. The bolt just below the crankcase cover seemed to be causing the trouble. So I Proceed to give it a little tightening hoping to stop the leak as it seemed a little. The bolt broke! It poured out oil for a bit (although not that much) Now the problem is I cant figure out what the heck I just broke. I’ve been search my Manual and all the sites I can think of for info but I just cant figure it out. The bolt was under the Left Crankcase Cover was 14mm and poured Oil. Does anyone know what this is and where I can get a new one to replace it. Thanks Brad

The bolt that you just broke is a plug for the MAIN oil galley, that feeds the lower main bearigs. What ever you do, DO NOT crank the engine over. You will have oil under pressure pumping all over the place. If you live near a bike salvage yard, then that would be the first place to look. There is a guy in the classified ads section that has some engines torn apart. Contact him.

Comment

Working...
    X